Increase Your Operational Efficiency with AI Apps
Automating operations with AI
Digitally minded companies today can enhance their productivity across the board by eliminating manual tasks and processes and realize a competitive advantage through the strategic application of AI-based applications and platforms. AI-based applications and solutions can be successfully used both in a business and in a production context. Despite some existing limitations, their well-executed adoption can be a game changer for operational efficiency in many sectors. We will look at how this works in more detail below.
When it comes to the specific processes that can benefit from automation with AI, there are solutions that can optimize them significantly, including specialized apps to help with:
- Scheduling and managing calendars, agendas, and inboxes
- Identifying prospects, analyzing and qualifying leads and following up on them
- Assisting with the review and analysis of legal documents and contracts
- Operational task management and planning
- Self-diagnosing and self-repair of technical problems
- Keeping corporate IT resources safe from cyberattacks, viruses, hostile takeovers and corporate data theft
- Performing stock and bond corporate trading, as well as forex and cryptocurrency operations
- Creating and auditing consistent, on-brand, SEO-optimized web and e-commerce content
Of course, implementing all these AI-based apps doesn’t make sense for most companies and would be logistically challenging. However, based on your organization’s current needs, goals and strategy, you can explore those that will help you increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve your relationship with your customers first. An experienced AI app developer like Pegus Digital can help you make those decisions, and even build custom AI-powered enterprise applications that will enable you to realize a competitive business advantage.
Self-healing AI platforms and their applications
Manual detection and resolution of technical issues is tedious, time-consuming, and generally not a good use of a company’s staff. These issues could include network downtime, equipment failure, electrical problems, IP connectivity, and any other routine snags digitized organizations today face. To address these widely spread challenges, businesses can look at deploying self-diagnosing and self-repairing platform apps powered by AI.
Such self-healing apps are capable of automatically and intelligently monitoring the systems within their scope of oversight for any irregularities. Once any are detected, a pre-defined incident resolution protocol specific to each type of issue commences, also automatically. This protocol is trained to perform the tasks necessary for the full completion of the problem resolution. This ensures a consistent and complete issue resolution each time, following all pre-defined operational rules and guidelines.
This type of AI platforms can be used in automation, service management, incident reporting and handling operations. They have wide-reaching applications in industries like telecom, healthcare, retail operations, consumer electronics, banking and finance, supply chain, geospatial, and agriculture, among others.
Benefits of applying AI apps to company operations
Below we’ll review some of the main advantages your business can expect from investing in higher efficiency with the help of AI:
- Save money that’s spent troubleshooting common technical issues at present
- Save your staff valuable time that could be spent on serving customers and solving more complex problems requiring human input
- Increase employee satisfaction and retention
- Reduce operational downtime due to technical problems
- Improve the customer experience, service and relationships
- Increase personalization, customization and customer loyalty
- Improve product and service quality, and subsequently customer retention
Challenges and opportunities in adopting AI-powered applications in industry 4.0
We have seen significant advances in artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in the past couple of decades that have led to progress in automation and robotics. This trend has positively impacted many industries, though, industrial manufacturing, supply chain and transport and logistics have been the most immediate and direct beneficiaries. Intelligent solutions capable of data collection, processing, analysis, and forecasting have revolutionized the way businesses operate today.
Taking advantage of just-in-time production planning, instant incident resolution with little downtime, efficient online ordering and shipments worldwide, organizations are growing increasingly reliant on AI applications and platforms. This has its downsides, of course, with the main concern being that AI tech is displacing human workers out of their jobs. The reality is different, however. While some jobs are indeed being replaced by AI and robotics, there are numerous new ones being created in their place. The challenge for many organizations will be retraining their staff on how to handle new machinery and more intelligent technology. Enterprise training apps can assist in this process.
If you’d like help in exploring your options, Contact the Pegus team of experts