Monitoring heating systems
The Flamco Flexcon PA pressure assistant monitors pressurization of heating systems. The Flexcon PA periodically measures system pressure and stores the measurements in a log file. In collaboration with this app it analyzes system functions, assisting the installer and end-user in (preventive) maintenance tasks.
MONITORING ASSISTANT: FLEXCON PA
The Flamco Group
The Flamco Group is a member of the Aalberts Industries N.V. and is concerned with the development, production and sale of high-quality components for use in HVAC systems. In more than 70 countries, they offer successful, innovative solutions for problems including residential and commercial buildings and sustainable energy.
When a heating system is installed, there is no follow-up after the installation. If there are problems with an expansion vessel, water pressure or other components that might fail on such an installation, the customer or installer is not alerted and mostly finds out when it’s too late. In a lot of cases, the service company has to physically visit a customer to execute a simple task like filling the system with water.
The Flexcon PA benefits both the service company and the customers. Connected to an app on a smartphone or tablet, it literally operates as a Personal Assistant for heating systems. Conveniently, both service companies and their customers have access to data generated by the system. Every single action that deviates from normal operation is logged and can thus be easily interpreted correctly by an installer.
Just by opening the app, the customer is informed about the real-time status of the heating system and is provided with hands-on guidelines to fix a certain problem. The service companies can provide remote assistance and check log-files to investigate the cause of a problem without having to travel to their locations (In most cases, just to refill the system with water).
If the AutoFill unit is attached to the Flexcon system, the installer can set a predefined amount of water pressure that is needed to run the heating system with a simple slider in the app, the AutoFill takes care of the rest.
With the Flamco FlexCon PA app it’s possible for an installer to:
- Calculate the correct fill-pressure and expansion vessel size
- Load, analyse and share log files
- Schedule any periodic maintenance interval
- Monitor pressure levels, leak detection, expansion vessel end of life span
- Configure the Flexcon PA and Flexcon PA AutoFill
- Remote control the Flexcon PA AutoFill
- View the instruction manual
- Update the Flexcon PA firmware
- Protect the installer settings by a login/password
The customer mode features:
- Instructional video how to easily top-up the heating system
- Easy to use expansion vessel sizing and safety valve calculator
- Contact details of the installer on screen when opening the app
- Share log file with the installer for remote support